Museum Interior Design, Contemporary Art Museum In Raleigh

0
30

Museum interior design is completed designed by the Brooks + Scarpa Architects and Clearscapes Architecture. They have completed designed the Contemporary Art Museum (CAM) which is located in Raleigh, North Carolina.

MUSEUM INTERIOR DESIGN REVIEW

Brooks + Scarpa Architects and Clearscapes Architecture have completed designed the Contemporary Art Museum (CAM) which is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. This museum is precisely located in Raleigh’s revitalizing Historic Depot District, an unlikely butterfly which has emerged from its decades-long cocoon.

The historic 1910 two-story brick structure built for Allen Forge & Welding Company and enlarged around 1927 for the Brogden Produce Company — and more recently home to longtime occupant Cal-Tone Paints — has emerged from its asbestos clad sheathing into a new incarnation as the home of Raleigh’s Contemporary Art Museum (CAM).

CAM preserves an important part of Raleigh’s history and demonstrates its commitment to sustainability and leadership in historic preservation by recycling this important building. The Depot District contains Raleigh’s only significant collection of buildings related to the heyday of railroad transportation and shipping in the Capital City.

MUSEUM INTERIOR DESIGN

John Morris said that the building itself is a work of art. He is a software engineer, photographer and writer. It chronicles the solid utility of Raleigh’s red-brick past.  It’s an old building with a new purpose, a new interior with a futuristic canopy roof that pulls it off really, really well.

The dramatic lobby is the addition of the new 900 square foot entry structure which is equally important to the preservation. The dramatic lobby is a glass-enclosed space which is set beneath a spectacular folded-panel roof which is extends over the entry’s sculpture garden to form a kind of welcoming front porch.

Its lobby is a modern re-interpretation of the old loading dock, moving people, goods and art deep into the central core of the main exhibition space, located on east side of the existing building. This asymmetrical cross axis is created to juxtapose and complement the symmetry of the old historic building. The two buildings collapse together and fuse into one structure. Old and new become one. The space provokes a kind of indelible wonder while still affording traditional values to the people who visit.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here